Saturday, June 4, 2011

Day-1| 04-June-2011 | Bangalore-Hyderabad | 610 kms | 610 kms

I deserved getting up late since I had kept my mobile in silent mode! Damn… My inteligence has been proved here. In a jiffy, got ready, loaded the bike & bid bye to sis-in-law. It was sharp 5:45 AM by the time I put first gear & took off J.
Since the plan was to reach Hyderabad well before dark, I knew I had to hurry to make up for delay. Also, since its around 600 kms, I knew most of the day will be eventless. The bangalore traffic was still sleeping when I got out of it & took my first break at Kamath Upachar riding 78 odd kms from home.
Breakfast time...
“On a long ride?” a middle aged person started as I sat next to him in a table for breakfast.
“Yes!”
“Where are you going today??”
“Hyderabad…”
“And then??”
“Plan is to ride to Ladakh!”
“All aloneeeeeeeeeee…………….”
After few more discussions, he left the place wishing me good luck & safe journey ahead. Had my share of idli’s & puri by 7:45 AM. Was about to leave the place but then again same questions from another group of mens. After patiently answering to their curious questions, road non-stop till Anantpur to cover some good distance. Took a long break for around 45 mins & then again non-stop till Kurnool. Man! I did cover a good distance. Refilled bulls tank & breaked out for lunch at Garden Restaurant soon after Kurnool.
Break after Ananthpur

Man! Srinagar is long way...
The curd rice in the thali started its game as soon as I started riding post lunch. Was feeling sleepy like hell. In an intension to avoid my sleep, I had to do lot of tricks like getting up from my seat, singing, shouting & what not! Riding in a dry landscape wasn’t fun either. Just before 80 kms from Hyderabad, rain started its game & I had to get into my rain gear wasting quality time in that process. But getting into rain gear was good decision since I had to ride in rain for around 30 kms. Else would have lost that quality time waiting under some shelter for rain to stop.
During some break

Dry landscape for today...

Nearby hills zoomed...

Nice cloud formation

A random shot

Reached outskirts of Hyderabad & called my sis asking the direction to her place. But in a new city, its difficult to ride just by telephonic guidance is what I was unaware. At last, I had to rely on local enquires. Made to my lodge after more than an hour in the city. I think I had asked more than 20 people for direction to ‘Gachhibowli’. The funniest was when I asked a person for route to Gachhibowli,
“Gachhibowla ya Gachhibowli???” man! From where did this gender come now????
After refreshing myself, settling my luggage, gave visit to my sis’s place so that I get delicious home food. Also parked my bike at their home since lodge dint had their private parking facility. After a yummy dinner, came back, updated the blog & crashed for the day.
My room...


1 comment: