Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day-17 | 20-June-2011 | In Delhi | 40.9 Kms | 3864.8 Kms

It was 7:30 AM in the morning when I dared to open my eyes & look out of bed. As Karol Bagh is closed, I had absolutely nothing else to do for the day. After getting fresh, went to roof top for breakfast sponsored by Vikram Travels guys & smashed 4 Rava Idli’sJ.
“Madhyana unasugu balle 12:30 sharp (Come for lunch in noon at 12:30 sharp)” the cook told me & I said would surely come if I am there.
After chit chatting with them for some time, got back to my room & worked on blogs which was pending since 2 days. The reason for not working on blogs was my boredom. Had been to a state of buffalo where it does nothing other than eating. Mean while also called up Shashank Aggarwal who suggested me a good mechanic named Bawa in Karol Bagh but as it is closed today, I have to go tomorrow. He also gave me another option to go for a showroom mechanic whom he knows but as that was pretty far, I preferred to get it serviced here itself.
Blog write up & browsing went on till lunch time. Went to roof top & had good boiled rice lunch till my neck. Post lunch, it was high time being in room & wanted to check out something frantically. That’s when Humayun’s Tomb came to my mind & am straight away towards it.
Laxmi Narayan Temple: One of the landmark to Karol Bagh
As per my land marks in Delhi, reached India Gate & was looking for Mathura Road with slight confusion.
“You need any help???” a guy said halting his Thunderbird beside mine.
“Actually I am looking out for a route to Humayun’s Tomb!”
“What?? Humayun’s Tomb???” he got completely confused.
“Yes! It’s near to Nizamuddin Station…”
“Oh okie!!! Then this is the route…” he showed & asked me about my trip.
“Even I am a rider. I am from Kerala but working in Delhi. I have ridden from Kashmir to Kanyakumari & have my record in Limca book of world records!”
It was nice meeting him & I continued to Humayun’s Tomb. After going for a while & enquiring, a car driver told me to take left in next signal & then straight. Now I got little doubtful on his route as I knew it is somewhere nearby. But hoping his route might be a proper one, followed it only to find that I have landed in Noida Toll Road. What the ****????? With no other option left, rode till toll gate & took a U-Turn back to the same spot & got the right direction to Humayun’s Tomb.
Humayun’s Tomb was a neat place in terms of how it is maintained & great part was that there was no one to disturb you saying guidesJ. After getting in, got my share of clicks of the Tomb & surroundings. Couples were busy on benches of the park surrounding & thought not to click more of surroundingsJ.
Neat garden around Humayun's Tomb

Humayun's Tomb first glance!

Some gyan!

Clicked from corner...

Beautiful reflection

Entry to Humayun's Tomb

Inside Humayun's Tomb...

Loved this shot...

An Eagle captured!
Once done with this, came back to lodge to park my bike as I wanted to experience Metro & took a cycle rick to Karol Bagh station. From there straight away to Central Secretariat. Walking in Rajpath with chats in hand was very much cherishing to mind & heart. But the bad part was the area was filled with tourists to the threshold & place has gone very much dirty with full of paper plates & plastic bottles thrown in lawns. I don’t understand the maturity level these people have. Government has put up dustbins at every 10 mtrs distance & people can’t even walk up till thereL. But I was in no mood to give them gyan & wanted to enjoy my presence in Rajpath. As I was wearing a simple T-Shirt & slippers, I had become a photographer in few tourists mind & again they ask,
“Ek photo ka kitna hain???” J J J
With nothing else to do, sat there in lawns till dark to see magnificent India Gate in lights.
Crowed lazing around India Gate!

My salute to you!!!

Tourists were waiting to see it when dark!!!
Later on, came back to Karol Bagh, had dinner in Hotel Southern as it served south food. Walked back to room & went to deep sleep with bike servicing as tomorrow’s main agenda.

No comments:

Post a Comment