Friday, June 10, 2011

Day-5| 08-June-2011 | Nagpur-Jabalpur | 340.5 Kms | 1632.6 Kms

First of all, I apologise for not updating the blog for some days!!! My data card does not work in MP. I knew it won't work in MP but forgot to infrom you all...
Today was the day for me to enter MP for the first time in my life. With a doubt on road quality I may have to face ahead, got ready pretty early & was on road by 7:10 AM. After tightning the break yesterday, I had thought the crushing sound issue might have got resolved but to my bad luck, it still persists. It was just 20 Kms from Nagpur that when I applied the break, it was pretty horrifying with strong vibration in the break pedal with crushing sound. Thought it’s only once in a while but it started to repeat frequently. Damn! Some serious issue to start the day with for my luckL. Decided to head back to Nagpur & leave only after rectifying it to the full.
As I was carrying RE dealers directory, reached Paragon Traders only to see the shutters still down. I was not amazed to see the shutter down since the time was just 8:50 AM. There was a mobile number written on the shutter & made a call to that number just to try if something can work out. Some body picked up the call & I told him my issue.
“Sir! Don’t worry; give me 5 mins so that I can see what could be done with it. Will update you in 5 mins…” was the response from other side of the phone.
After 5 mins,
“Sir, my mechanic is not picking up the call. I will keep trying his number & if I get him, I would sent him to you right away else, the showroom opens by 10 & by that time, you can get a mechanic to fix the issue!”
Thanked him for his kind help when needed & was waiting for 10:00 AM. After some time again, he called,
“Sir, I have arranged another mechanic & he should be reaching you in 20 mins!” Man! What a speed favour I should sayJ.
After some time, mechanic with RE uniform came & fixed the issue in no time. Damn! The screw near to rear break had gone loose which was the root cause of my issue. Thanked Vijay & the person who arranged mechanic. At last I was on NH-7 again by 9:50 AM. After riding for initial few Kms, guess what! I was riding between famous Pench National Park. Wow man! Felt great for riding between the forests which is the main reason for world famous Jungle Book epic. Riding between thick Jungle was truly mesmerizing feeling. At the other hand, it was bad & bumpy roads. But Ok! It can be compensated for riding in Jungle I thought. With couple of photo stops, crossed the border & was in the land of MP.
Beautiful roads, Dense forest & trusted machine!!!

Densy Pench I pass through!!!

Pench as viewed from up the hill...

Some twisties to ride on!!!

Pench & Mowgli related!!!
Took a lunch break pretty early as even today, I had skipped my breakfast in the effort of reaching the destination pretty early. While at lunch break at some resort in Pench National Park, met a family person who advised me to visit Bandhavgarh National Park. I told him my plans & he wished me safe journey. After grabbing 5 roti, dal & lassi, I had to move against my choice. Shit! Why do we feel sleepy after good lunch??? I have been facing this issue since my school days but no solution till dateL.

My lunch break...
Soon after the Pench National Park, I was welcomed by super smooth 4-Lane road to rip on. This gave a good momentum to my speed & covered good amount of distance with a break as everything surrounding was pretty dry. Also in between the 4-Lane roads, there were also parts where the road was still narrow 2-Lane ones & quite bumpy. Took my last butt break when distance board showed Jabalpur – 55 Kms. After a long rest for both of us, made it to Jabalpur & the city was pretty big to my surprise. Also the infrastructure seems quite good. After few enquiries, made to Hotel Sidharth & freshened myself & my cloths which had dust of 3 states in itJ.

Thought will update the log early today but to my luck, reliance netconnect does not work well in MP. What the heck! Was thinking for a while on how dependent I am on the technology? With nothing much to do, watched a regional movie for some time, took a walk around the market area, had dinner & crashed.
Beautiful village scene!!!

This kinda dry land is what I had pass though for miles...

1 comment:

  1. So 300 and odd kilometers today. Looks like our road condition is same allover india......after some bad roads you will see a good road....Hope this will change after few years and we will only have good roads...:-)with reference to ur sentence "Soon after the Pench National Park, I was welcomed by super smooth 4-Lane road to rip on"

    ReplyDelete