Since I had closed yesterday account very early by 9:30 PM with the intention of moving on very early today, I had to do so with no choiceL. When in holiday, getting up very early is real pain! Damn…
Was on my cruise in NH-86 by 6:00 AM in the morning so that I can cover as much as I can before powerful rays from sun starts hitting me hard. But where is the point of moving on fast when the cows are dominating NH & super pathetic pothole road is in front of you??? As the road was in screwed up state, I had to forcefully move slowly. With nothing else to do, thought would see vista’s around & move on as much as I can. Village ladies cued up for water in front of manual pump, lazy doggies yawing in middle of the road, village dudes staring at me sipping their cup was the scene for early 2 + hours. Was thinking after Gyaraspur, the roads would get better but pot holes in road continued till Sagar.
Crossed Sagar & gave my first break for the day for breakfast covering 135 Kms in 3.5 hours.![]() |
| Breakfast break!! |
After grabbing Aloo Paratha’s, continued & was very shortly welcomed by 4-Lane smooth road. Since the NH from Sagar to Jhansi comes under North South corridor, the 4-Lane work was on which means I had to take couple of diversions as the road work was still in progress. With melodious music in my ears, was maintaining a decent speed as the vista around was pretty dry & nothing interesting.
“Man! Did I reach UP???” was the question that came to my mind when I frequently started to spot vehicles with UP-94 number plates. With all these unnecessary observation, gave my second butt break for an hour when Jhansi was another 90 odd Kms more. It was already 12:00 NOON by then & riding under sunlight that too wearing a thick leather jacket was miserable in my case.
“Good! Did you want this ride???” my mind questioned me but the answer from heart was Stil “YES!!!”J
While on break under a shade, another localite stopped his bike & started to have a conversation.
“Bangalore se akele yaha tak???? Are kisiko saat le aate… Maza hota…”
“Koi mere saat nahi aate hain! Dosto ko itna chutti nahi milti hain.. Bus main hi hoon jo chutti leke nikal jata hoon…”
“Kum se kum tum toh ghar se nikale ho… Agar main ghar se do din gayab hojata hoon toh tehelka machta hain….”
After few more conversations, geared up for the next part & took another break when Jhansi was 30 odd Kms. Man! This burning sun is not letting me ride at all. Thought it was a very good decision that I started off very early else I would have been in hot soup now!!!
![]() |
| Oh man! Glad to see them... |
![]() |
| Nice portrait :) |
![]() |
| Timepass Photography... |
![]() |
| Just lazing around... |
Taking my pleasure time & riding in 2-Lane road for last 30 odd Kms, entered Jhansi by 3:15 PM & the hunt for lodge was on. The city welcomed me with defence colonies on either side of the road. After little enquiry, got into Vardaan Guest House & got fresh. Though my Reliance netconnect worked initially, it dint connect later on after several attempts. Hence spent entire evening in cyber café updating the log. It was 9:00 PM when I walked back to room, had food & crashed!





Will track u today onwards...... Man you are crazy.... :) after ur Rajasthan trip i thought to myself that you might go on India Tour.... Now i see u doing that... :) Good Luck and Take care!!!
ReplyDeleteAmazing :) Do you use any GPS navigator ?
ReplyDelete