Saturday, June 18, 2011

Day-14 | 17-June-2011 | Khajuraho-Gwalior | 298 Kms | 3341.2 Kms

Day started at 5:30 AM in spite of alarm ringing at 5:00 AM. Reason for the delay in getting up should be blamed for India vs West Indies ODI & not meJ. It was 6:20 AM when I disturbed the room boy of Hotel Isabel Palace to open the gate so that I can take my bike out. Even though it was just 6:30 AM in the morning, I was sweating to the core & droplets were falling off from my faceL. Hence decided to ride initial few Kms without jacket & helmet. Oh Man! What a pleasure of riding without any safety constraints.  But it dint last long as I had to gear up myself to be on the safer side. Initial 110 Kms of ride wasn’t anything special except the pleasant climatic conditions & greens on either side of the road. Took my first butt break then for 30 mins.
On the way at some bridge!

Resting Bull!!!

Shades of greens, smooth road & pleasent climate...

Fly caught during break!
While refilling my bike, a local man asked,
“Gaadi badiya hain! Kitna hain isko???”
“Ek lakh dus hazaar lagega!”
“Itna zyada??? Kuch bhi ho… Gaadi toh dekne layak hain!!!”
Was happy that at least this guy spoke about my bike & not my trip.
In the next leg, crossed Jhansi & gave a pause under a shade of tree in 4-Lane work in progress NH-75 towards Gwalior. While at rest, a thought came to my mind that since I am in UP now, I can try for my netconnect & what a luck! I did connect. Got busy on blogging for an hour & all the villagers were eager to see me busy with some technologyJ. After blogging for an hour, moved further with the hope of good roads but shit man! On an average, I had to take diversion for every 2 Kms for the work in progress. At least if it was completely 2-Lane, I would have rode faster I thought. Adding to that, rain started it’s game. Getting on to my rain gear consumed few more precious minutes.
Under constraution North-South Corridor!

Last 47 more!
While nearing Gwalior, the road looked better & you know what??? The 4-Lane road is dead end. Man! Where shall I go now?? Enquired a local guy about the route to Gwalior & he said I have to go back a little & then take right turn. Man! What is this??? After a couple of round abouts, made it to Hotel DM next to bus stand & unloaded my baby! Reception guy told me that Gwalior Fort is huge one & better to visit tomorrow early morning. After washing completely dirty rain gear & getting fresh, first gave a visit to Indian Coffee House opposite to bus stand & as mentioned in Lonely Planet, they served some good Dosa items. Was damn hungry as I had skipped breakfast & lunchL. Later on, took my bike to a mechanic who got its horn back to life as the fuse had burnt. Had been riding horn less since Jabalpur & at last, got it backJ.
Came back to lodge & cleaned my bike only to wet my shirt with sweat. Man! How can I sweat like this??? I had not sweated like this ever before. After chatting with buddies over the phone, had good thali in same Indian Coffee House. Came back & closed my eye shutter with happiness of getting up pretty late tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment