Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day-4| 07-June-2011 | Hyderabad-Nagpur | 521.4 Kms | 1292.1 Kms

Since the day was predecided for another long journey ahead, I had to get up early irrespective of sleeping late last night. After loading the bike & settling the lodge amount, it was 7:40 AM when I hit the road. Kishore’s route map written in a sheet of paper was just a perfect in terms of direction & distance. After reaching NH-7 towards Nagpur, I realized that Hyderabad is damn huge compared to Bangalore.
With the assumption of good road ahead, rode calmly with steady speed also in search of some dabha for breakfast but the effort went in vein L. Took my first butt break after riding for around 100+ Kms.
Dry landscape all around

Nagpur still long way!
Soon after I got back on my bike, the trouble started with road with full of diversions. Damn! 4-Lane road is under construction. In addition to that, my bike started irritating me with strange crushing sound while applying rear break. What the heck is that now all of a sudden I wondered. At some point, the irritation got irresistable. Parked the bike for inspection but found no problem from outside. However, just tightened the break a little & luckily, it was fine then J.
But the bad roads sucked my precious time like hell. After around 40-50 Kms of ride in diversions, was glad to see 4-Lane super smooth road ahead. After another run of 100 odd Kms, took my second but break at a toll plaza. While at a break, few truck drivers approaced me,
“Yeh kya hain??” One of them asked pointing my knee pads.
“Gutno ka cover hain! Agar gir gaya tho hamme nahi lagta hain” (please apologize my screwed up hindi)
“Kaha se aa rahe ho??”
“Bangalore”
“Bangalore?? Akele??? Aage kaha??”
“Jammu!”
“Baap re baap! Kyon??”
“Goomne!”
“Motor cycle pe???”
“ha…”
“Aisa kyon???”
Damn! How to make him understand now??? I was wondering!!!
Bike under the shade in Toll Plaza...
Geared up for next run & crossed Adilabad & the hunt began in search of food. As I had already skipped my breakfast, it was difficult for me to control my hunger at 3:00 PM. Was lucky to find Ghar Dabha beside BP outlet & got in without second thought.  Once inside the dabha, I had already became the center of attration for the servents there. The Chapati & Dal I ordered tasted very delicious for my empty stomach. After answering all the curious questions, was out towards Nagpur. After a while, once again diversion road for long distance. Shit! If this is the case, then when will I reach Nagpur I was thinking & was little tensed too.

At another break, a jeep came next to me & 2 middle aged persons got down curiously while I was busy capturing the surroudings.
“Baap re baap! Badiya gaadi hain! Kahase nikle???”
“Bangalore..”
“Aage kaha??”
“Nagpur…”
After few more questions,
“Kiski tasveer le rahe the??”
“Aise hi gaav ka photo le raha tha…”
“Hamara bi le lo na!!!”
After taking his snap, he asked him how will I give it to him. Man! Some questions does not have any answer!!!
Smooth road at last!

This is what I could see all around!

Two curious posers!
As it was already late, geared up for the last leg of the day & rode in 4-Lane smooth road after few initial diversions. Reached Nagpur by 6:30 PM & was glad to see the infrastructure. Wide dust free roads were nice. Got into the Majestic Manon Budget hotel only to find that their budget means 1750/- INR for a single room! After few more enquiries got into Swagath Lodge & settled for 200 bux room as I would be checking out early morning tomorrow.

Got fresh, had dinner in nearby Chetana Bojanalaya, updated the blog & crashed little early to bedJ.

3 comments:

  1. You are meeting variety of people curious to know about your trip. Just think they are all common human beings like me and you and just enquire of wellbeing(not necessarily with the intension of collecting money always). Thats the beauti of our country where people talk; and this you dont find it in western countries : Jai Ho.....Enjoying your trip/blog....all the best and again be safe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome dude..i am tracking you...hey if had an andoid or google trcking on i could track you..anyways..good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Maddy: Yes maddy bhai!!! Meeting verity of people is kinda fun + charming...

    @Joshy: Thanks dude...

    ReplyDelete