Got back on the same highway by 6:30 AM & riding in twisties on early morning was kinda cherishing but the bad part was heavy truck traffic to deal with. Even the road wasn’t completely smooth with few potholes midway to disturb the speed. Since the climate was not so friendly, I had put my camera in metal box & was completely on covering good distance as soon as possible. Since my new friends had decided to reach as much ahead as possible till Jaipur, wanted to make their plan work as much as possible & was riding pretty fast negotiating the truck traffic. Stopped at around 8:00 AM for tea break.
Post tea break, the speed run continued. After riding nearly till 9:30 AM in ghats, we were finally on 4-Lane highway. I feel along with me, even they were jumping out of joy to see super smooth road in front of their eyes. Man o man! What a pleasure from now on. The hilly adventurous track is all overJ. Continued crusing at high speed for a while & soon Vishrudh said,
“Munde yelladru dabha sikkidre nilsona.. Breakfast… (Let’s stop if we find any dabha ahead… Breakfast…)”
Soon after the short discussion, took a breakfast break at some hotel beside NH. It was just 35 odd Kms to Chandigarh & was glad that I would end day’s long run pretty early. But they had to ride for long still. After grabbing our bite, continued ahead & was nearing the city traffic from which I could sense we are on the outskirts of Chandigarh. At some junction, Vishrudh & Vijay stopped to enquire something & after some time they came close,
“Delhi ge illindane hogbahudante!!! Sumne city traffic skip madbahudu… (We can go to Delhi from here itself itseems… we can skip the city traffic too…)”
I thanked them for all the favour they did & bid them bye.
“Nice riding with you guys…” I said thanking them.
After they took their route, I was back on solo expedition & gave an entry to Chandigarh. Ever since I had visited this city for the first time, I just fell in love with this city for few reasons. First being the infrastructure of it. Very good, wide roads with less signals attracted me to the core. Second reason being the Sector-17 market. Man! What pretty girls you get to see there. Just love the ambience of this market. Just to visit Sector-17 market, I had planned a day’s stay here & started looking for a budget accommodation.
“Bhaiyya, yaha kahi sasta lodge milega??” this question continued for several times with people showing me the route which I ended up getting confused. After searching for more than 30 mins taking several U-Turns, ended up in Hotel New Amar house for 350 bux per night.
“Bhaiyya laundry hain na??”
“Laundry aaj nahi hoga! Sunday nahi aayega woh…”
Damn!!! All my cloths were pretty dirty & wanted to get them washed at the earliest. But can’t help itL. Room boy helped in getting my luggage & post getting fresh, took some rest lazing out in bed & working on blogs. For some reason, didn’t feel like going out for lunch again & was at room till 3:30 PM. After a good amount of rest, stepped out with my SLR to get some good shot of roses. But before that, I wanted to fix the broken clamp of my panniers. After a lot of search, got a shop who did weld the pannier clamp & handed him 20 bux. Asking the directions, parked my machine in Rose Garden parking & got in with the hope of good macro photography. But what the hell??? Rose Garden had Rose but none were good to capture. Roamed around whole of the park but failed to find any Rose which was good enough to be clicked. Since I didn’t want to come out without any shots, got few Roses clicked in my camera & was out towards Sukhna Lake.
| Artificial tree... |
| Bunch of rose's |
| Rose garden... |
| Rose wasn't impressive :( |
| Yellow one... |
| From different angle! |
“Paanch rupiya…” Demanded the parking guy!!!
As I was dead hungy by now, first gave a visit to restaurant & got a Masala Dosa insideJ. But that alone wasn’t enough for my hunger. Right behind Dosa, Tender coconut went in followed by Badam Milk. After burbing heavily, sat beside the lake for some time to get relaxed. But where to get relaxed when the tourist crowd is over flowing??? The place was over packed by humans & decided to move out as soon as possible.
| Beautiful roads of Chandigarh!!! |
| Swans of Sukhna |
| Sukhna Lake |
Since the Sector-17 market was quite near, rode straight to market & there began my bird watching programJ. Got a pack of Pop Corn & sat in a bench getting my eyes busy at work. After good amount of spending time there, went to Titan showroom to get my watch back to life. With nothing else to do, decided to explore the shops in complex & soon my eyes was caught by Indian Coffee Shop. After grabbing yet another Dosa for today as part of my dinner, rode back to lodge & crashed in no time.
No comments:
Post a Comment