Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day-43 | 16-July-2011 | Surat by pass-Mumbai | 265.9 Kms | 9272.1 Kms


Ah! It’s just 250 odd for today. But as rain was unpredictable, decided to be on road as early as possible but where will that happen when I am tired tell me? Early morning misty ride was kinda very nice with dry roads.

Day to start with!!!

Some water stuff on the way...
Gave my first stop for breakfast at Vapi riding 110 odd Kms. Post breakfast at McD, got back on NH-4 and,
“Bhaiyya, Silvassa???” I enquired the route to local chap moving in his M-80.
He told me to ride with him & he would show me the diversion to take. Boy! Very irritating to ride at 40’s on this highway.
“Yeh raasta seeda Silvassa jayega…” he said & continued on highway.
Road to Silvassa was on ok condition but very greenish. After riding for around 12 Kms, reached Silvassa & enquired about an island which I had seen in some blog.
“Woh toh Madhuban main hai! Yaha se kareeb thees kilometre hain….” What??? 30 more Kms???
Soon made my mind to skip it & took U-Turn to be back on NH. Riding on cloudy climate with eye catching green hills was very charming.
Green all over...

What a pleasure!!!
Enjoying the vista around, I didn’t come to know that I had already landed in Maharashtra. This state had its own green landscape at display & man! What a beauty it is. I was enjoying my ride to the core & that’s when it starts to drizzle. Getting into rain gear consumed some time but it was a false alarm. In short distance, rain stopped but I decided to move on with rain gear as it might rain ahead.
Monsoon here it is...

Hills I ride through
Reached Vasai & took a right turn to Vasai West. From my last visit to Bipin’s house, I knew the route a little & thought to check if my guess route is proper or not. After dealing with stand still traffic for some time, made it to Bipin’s house.
“Ayyo! Yeno idu??? Hegagidiya nodu. Full kappuge… (Ayyo What is this??? See how you have become. Complete dark…)”
I had no answer to his questions & said it’s the result of riding in my countryJ. First thing I had to do was to get rid with all the super dirty cloths & get fresh.
“Bipin re ondu cha sig bahuda??? (Bipin can I get a tea???)” I asked but ended up with orange juiceJ.
I told him from when I am wearing that pant-shirt & he told to get them directly to washing machineJ. It was just nearing 2:00 PM & had a casual chit chat before we got onto lunch. After a yummy lunch, he got onto sleep mode while I got busy writing blogs of previous days while watching TV side by side. Shit! If I skip even a single day blog, it gets very painful to make it up.
Evening again was spent chit chatting about his work, personal life & my ride so far. After explaining some of the memorable moments of this trip, was showing him few photos.
“Raatri ootakke yelladru horagade hogonappa! Praveen bandidane… (For night dinner, let’s go out! Praveen has come…)”
In short time, Praveen came finishing his official conference for which he had come to Mumbai. After hearing about Praveen’s first & might be last local train experience, we all moved out to Kinara Dabha for dinner in John’s Innova. It was nearly 11:30 PM when we came back home & crashed in no time with Mumbai sightseeing as the agenda for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment