Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day-39 | 12-July-2011 | In Delhi | 55.7 Kms | 7712.6 Kms

‘Dude! It’s your last day in Delhi…’ was constantly running in my mind & I got out straight away to India Gate. Donno why I just enjoy riding in Rajpath early morningJ. Am sure there is something special in it. It was just 7:00 AM when I parked my bike in India gate & took out my camera. With 0% tourist crowd, I was just enjoying morning silent ambience of the place with clicks. After capturing India Gate with rising Sun on back, got on my bike & directly to Rajpath. Wow! It’s so special of being here with my baby! I donno how to express how special I feel being here in wordsL. But trust me; it was very special with the thought that Republic Day parade takes place on this road.
Near India Gate!!!

You know it!!!

Flags at India Gate!!!

My selute...

Zoomed at it...

Both standing stiff :)
After clicking everytrhing,
“Bhai saab! Rashtrapathi Bhavan ke andar jaa sakte hain ab??” I asked patrol guys nearby.
“Aat bhaje ke baad jaane denge! Lekin unse poocho aur thoda request karo! Who chhod denge…” they replied relaxed.
“Photo keech sakte hain na??” was my last question to them.
“Arre! Swatantra bharath hain bhai!! Keecho jee bhar ke…” J J
Rode to Rashtrapathi Bhavan entry hoping to get in but was stopped by guards at barricade.
“Abhi tourist ke liye kula nahi! Aat bhaje ke baad aana..”
Since I had to wait for 30 more mins for 8:00 AM, tried my luck requesting them but guards were strict with their rulesL. ‘Will come on evening if time permits’ I thought & rode straight back to lodge. Got fresh & back to Bawa by 9:45 AM.
“Service karni hain??” Bawa’s dad asked forgetting that this idiot had got his bike serviced from them around 25 days back. After me reminding them that I had come here 25 days back,
“Achha, Kishnaji hain na aapka naam??? Leh hoke aaye?? Kaisa raha?? Koi dikkat toh nahi hui raaste main???” Oh! Bundle of questions at one go…
I explained him the problems I faced in short & said,
“Main breakfast kar ke aata hoon!” as Bawa had to come yet.
Came back grabbing my bite but Bawa was yet to show his presence. After waiting for a while listening to the same old daily routines of his dad, Bawa came,
“Hello! Kaisa hain gaadi?? Tour achha raha??”
I told him the problem I faced in short & few minor issues in bike.
“Aap ek round maar ke aao! Dekho agar kuch problem hain toh…” I told him to check if anything is wrong.
After a short round, Bawa confirmed everything is fine & he shall do general service today. As I told him I need bike before 4:00 PM, Bawa made Rehmad Ali get onto my bike right away. Once the work on my bike began, it was the same old procedure of me getting few parts, sipping a cup of tea & wait for my bike to be delivered. Time went on chit chatting with Rehmad Ali as he worked on my bike.
“Aap Bangalore ke hi ho???” he asked while working…
“Ha bhai!!! Kyon??”
“Mera kuch dost log rehte hain waha…”
“Aap dilli ke hi ho kya??” I asked to balanceJ.
“Nahi! Bihar ke….”
While he worked on, I grabbed Palak Paneer & 3 Roti’s in nearby Punjabi Hotel which Bawa’s dad had shown last time. And the taste was fantastic. Post lunch,
“Sir! Abe k round maar ke aao!” Bawa said after he did a test ride.
Paid his fees & got my serviced but not cleaned bike to lodge. Took my camera & rode to India Gate with confidence of getting into Rashtrapathi Bhavan this time. Took my bike inside entry barricade & as I stopped to take some snaps,
“Gaadi idhar mat rok na!!!” a security dude said.
“Toh phir parking kidar hain???”
“Idhar kahi bhi parking nahi hain…”
Thought to think about parking later & take a ride inside Rashtrapathi Bhavan first. Moved ahead to President’s House & requested security person to park my bike beside just for a min so that I can click President’s House.
“Nahi ho sakta hai sir! Aap mere bhai jaisa hain! Phir bhi main aapki koi madat nahi kar sakta… Parking idhar kahi nahi hain.. Aap bura mat maniye, magar hume bhi rules dekna padta hain…”
After thinking for a while & making my mind that I will park it outside & walk later on,
“Woh kya hain??? Yah kya hain???” I asked him pointing to adjacent buildings.
“Yeh kuch kacheri hain minister logon ki.. Woh toh Prime Ministers office hain!!! Patah nahi kab office aate hain lekin yeh unka hi office hain… Waise dekha jaaye toh iss desh ko neelami hona chahiye…” I couldn’t control my laugh for which security too gave a blushing smileJ.
Thinking of secured place for my bike moved out & saw couple of bikes parked on a road parallel to Rajpath. Parked my bike & came back to Rashtrapathi Bhavan walking & this time, got decent captures.
Entering Rashtrapathi Bhavan!!!

Official buildings!!!

Nice shot I guess

President's house...

Rajpath as seen from Rashtrapathi Bhavan!!!
With complete satisfaction, rode back to Karol Bhag & suddenly felt like eating jalebi. Man! What strange desires I get on odd time??? Reached Karol Bhag & got into Bikanerwala,

“Bhaiyya, Do sou gram Jalebi de na…”
Got freshly prepared Jalebi to room & began grabbing them slowly working on blogs. Yummy!!! Felt being in heaven eating 15 odd pieces of Jalebi’s at one goJ.
Delicious Jalebi... :)
While I was busy working on blogs,
“Banni oota maadi!!!” a sound came from outside & it was Vikram Travels guys again offering me home food.
Though my stomach was full with Jalebi’s, couldn’t help accepting their offer & again had plate full of dinner chit chatting with them about their trip so far. With heavy stomach, crashed with long ride ahead of me tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment