Boy o boy! What a breakfastJ. 3 freshly prepared buns were really mouth-watering one. Since I had cancelled Sathod Falls from my list, it was 9:45 AM when I bid bye to Yellapur & took smooth state highway towards Sirsi. Like yesterday, riding between forest & fields were just awesome for morning sessionJ. Added to that was very pleasant climate with dry roads & no rain.
![]() |
| Jog Falls spotted! |
![]() |
| Fields everywhere |
‘Jaane kyon log pyar karte hain… Jaane kyon woh kisi pe marte hain…’ Is what my IPod was singing & I was just wondering if the route is so scenic, who won’t fall in love tell me? Am sure any nature lover would fall in love at very first sight. While nearing Sirsi, got to see a Karnataka Tourism board in yellow colour which said ‘Sahasra Linga à 1.5 Kms’. Although I had visited this place earlier, decided to check out how it would look in full monsoon. Parked my bike & walked few steps down to get some shots of the place & meanwhile the fun we had playing in water during my last visit to this place slapshed in mindJ. Also there was a suspension bridge nearby & walked till there just for the heck of it.
![]() |
| Few local sights to visit |
![]() |
| Sahasralinga full of water... |
![]() |
| One of the Sahasralinga's |
![]() |
| Hanging bridge nearby |
Got back on main road & singing along with IPod, reached Sirsi & it was just 11:30 AM. Man! I am very early as per my schedule I thought & decided to check out Banavasi as suggested by Srini. After enquiring the direction, took Shimoga road which was quite narrow but in good condition to enjoy the ride. 20 Kms of ride was nothing different compared Sirsi route in terms of landscape.
![]() |
| Result of heavy rain |
Reached Banavasi & as usual got busy with historical photo shoot. While inside a temple,
“Long trip on bike???” A voice came from head of a family.
“Yes!” was my response.
While briefing them about my trip, Pandit inside Madukeshwar Temple instructed all of us to take a round & then he would explain some of the temples historical background. He said the Shiva Linga inside temple might be of around 1800 years old. Boy o boy! It’s so old & still shining like a diamond. Whereas my year old brace light has gone super dullL. While he got busy explaining the history to a family, I got busy with clicks. In simple words, I should say the temple was really nice, calm & good for some photos as well.
![]() |
| Elephent welcomes me |
![]() |
| Pillar inside |
![]() |
| Madukeshwar Temple at a glance |
![]() |
| Inside Temple |
![]() |
| Nandi at a pose |
![]() |
| Donno which god is this!!! |
![]() |
| Series of carvings... |
![]() |
| Half Ganapati |
![]() |
| Forgot it's name |
After clicking them all, moved out & while wearing shoes, again the left over conversation began with the family which belonged to Bangalore. Family owner fired few questions about my journey like how I managed stay, any issues with bike & so on.
“Is anyone sponsoring your trip??”
“No! It’s on my personal expense…”
“Why?? You could have got lot of sponsors…” he suggested but I would love to enjoy my trip as I want & don’t like adhering to any rules & regulations apart from mineJ.
“It would have been nice to read your experience..” He said while I got up.
“I have been blogging about this trip & you can take down the link..”
After dictating the blog address to his daughter, it was time for group photo with his family. Post family snap I requested him to mail me the group snap, geared up & was out of Banavasi towards Sirsi again.
![]() |
| Green fields.. |
Rain was kinda playing hide & seek making me remove my rain gear every now & then. Reached Sirsi, filled petrol & straight off towards Jog! Luckily, the road remained smooth & dry letting me enjoy the ride. It was already past 2:00 PM & was kinda hungry but thought I have got to compromise my lunch for Jog FallsL. Crossed Siddapur & reached Jog Falls riding in heavy rain but what the heck!!! It was jam packed with tourist crowd. I had tough time getting my bike even till parking place & the main reason being its Sunday today. Parked my machine & walked down to view point in the hope of getting some good photos. To my luck, even the rain had stopped by then but falls was almost covered in mist. After waiting for a while, got pretty clear shots but for the sake of mad crowd, wanted to move out fast.
![]() |
| Jog Falls |
![]() |
| Mahatma Gandhi power station down there... |
Who knew getting out of falls would consume so much of time. Was stuck up in traffic mess for around 20 odd mins & after getting out of it, rain accompanied me ahead. Road was kinda ok with few pot holes & again a jam as one KSRTC bus had slipped to field. Wasting again few mins there, continued ahead hoping for some food break. On the way, got to spot numerous Pineapple sellers & couldn’t control stopping at one such place at least to grab them.
Yella holadalli belasiddu!! Ondu tindu nodri.. Matte heli… (All are grown in our own fields!! Eat one & then tell me…)”
Boy o boy! What a taste. Am sure I have not tasted such a sweet Pineapple till date. They were just mouth watering one. Without thinking much grabbed 6-7 pieces of them & only after that my hunger came to controlled state.
“Illi ondu hannige aidu rupai.. Ide Jog dalli, ondu piece ge aidu rupai… Alli yenu mutlikke agudilla… Tumba rate… (Here one full fruit cost 5 Rs, whereas in Jog one single piece costs 5 Rs… There you can’t touch anything.. Very costly…)” he said but I was more concentrating on grabbing more of them.
![]() |
| Yummy Pineapples & the owner of it... |
Moved on after some funny talks with him & reached Sagar.
“Sir! Illi lodge sigtada?? (Sir! Can I get a lodge here??)” I asked a rick driver.
He showed me one nearby & checked in after enquiring it. Afterall a clean room with clean bathroom & TV is deal of the day for 300 bux I thoughtJ. After freshening up & informing parents about my safe arrival, moved out in search of some food as I badly needed one. Just a Dosa wasn’t enough for me & one chat went in as wellJ. With heavy tummy, got back to room relaxing in bed watching TV & working on blogs for rest of the day.




















No comments:
Post a Comment