“Bhaiyya Goregaon???” was my common questions to whomever I found on road early morning.
Riding in narrow smooth roads with attractive green colour on everywhere was bliss & added to that was pleasant climate without rainJ. Man! What else you need. I was enjoying my ride to the core with ample photo breaks. Everytime I look at distance stones, I ended up not understanding anything as the distance was written in Hindi. But who cares about distance when the vista is so wonderful.
![]() |
| Pleasure to ride here... |
![]() |
| Roadscape |
After around 2 Hrs of ride in country side, we touched NH-17 & soon got to see ‘Vithal Kamath 10 Kms’ board. Quite happy see the board, rode for around 15 odd Kms before reaching restaurant.
![]() |
| Some caves in NH-17... |
While I was parking my bike, 5 guys got down from car & one of them questioned,
“Ladakh??” Man! How could he guess so perfect??
“Yes! You guessed from my fuel cans???”
“Yup! Also from your rubber shoes…”
Got inside restaurant briefing them about my journey so far & grabbed in 2 Dosa’s & tea. Again the same dude whom I spoke to me initially came,
“Your good name??”
“Krishna”
“You on BCM??”
“Yes! And you??”
“Yes I am but joined recently..”
“It was nice meeting you” they said & continued towards Mumbai!
Continued ahead in NH-17 clicking almost every passing hill. Boy! So many monsoon water falls up there. Green hills with white water falls in between was kinda mesmirizing to my eyes. Reaching Poladpur, took a left turn towards Mahabaleshwar & road was in same situation as I had seen it almost 2.5 yrs back.
![]() |
| Here I go to Mahabhaleshwar... |
![]() |
| Landscape enroute!!! |
While riding slowly on bad road, saw a dog at a distance standing in middle of the road. Thought it would move on as I get closer & got busy adjusting my helmet. But against my expectation, that idiot didn’t move & crashL!!! In few seconds, my bike tipped over to right side & I was in ground. All I knew was my bike had ran over dog & got up to see its state but where to find it? It had already ran for KmJ. Only while getting up I felt pain in my right thigh & soon realized right handle bar had hit my thighL. To my luck, there was another villager passing by & he did help me to lift the machine. After my bull standing straight, I got to know that the scratch guard has gone bend & Speedo meter cover is lying in ground. Apart from that, no worries at all. Glad nothing serious took place & thanks to bad roads because of which I couldn’t speed up. For a moment I didn’t know whether to laugh at the incident of feel bad for my negligence. Anyways, no point in thinking now & have got to move on I thought & started climbing the hill. As soon as I started riding up hill, climate got very foggy & pouring some rain as well.
![]() |
| Climbing hills again |
![]() |
| Falls on the way |
![]() |
| Misty ride... |
Riding slowly & carefully, reached Mahabaleshwar & was stopped to pay tax.
“Kaha jaana hain??”
“Satara..”
“Mahabaleshwar main nahin rukna hain???”
“Arre nahi bhaiyya..”
“Achha! Waha tax bharke jao….” He said leaving me in doubt as to why should a passer by pay tax???
Got in & said,
“Arre bhai! Main toh yaha rukne wala nahi hoon! Toh phir kyon bharna hain tax??”
After answering his same question couple of times, he let me go without any feeJ. While at Mahabaleshwar, thought to check out at least one view point & rode towards Kate’s view point. Although it was raining & completely foggy, by the time I went in there, it stopped raining & fogs disaappeared. Wow! Very good I said to myself & clicked beautiful view of Kate’s view point. Now being at Kate’s view point, I didn’t know that I myself would be another tourist attraction. Almost all the tourists were curiously looking at my Knee pads & gloves.
![]() |
| Kate's view point!!! |
![]() |
| Another view |
![]() |
| Car owners?? |
After satisfactory amount of clicks, it was time to move on as I had planned to reach before 3:00 PM. Decline from Mahabaleshwar wasn’t anything different from views & rain.
![]() |
| Mossy tree |
![]() |
| Views while getting down from hills... |
Reached Satara riding in rain for some distance with few clicks of the hills around & settled in Hotel Aakar for 400 bux. After getting fresh, had Uttappam watching TV for a while. After that, worked on blogs whole evening & crashed post dinner with the hope of exploring Satara tomorrow & getting my bike issue fixed in Kolhapur.













No comments:
Post a Comment