Day started as usual getting up late in spite of knowing that I have got to ride long. It was 7:10 AM when I started off to next destination.
“Bhaiyya! Yeh Ajmer ka raasta kaun sa hain??” I think I had asked this question more than 20 timesJ.
After 45 odd mins of ride in out skirts, was on Ajmer NHJ.
| Good bye Jaipur... |
Smooth wide roads gave a good speed to my day & rode non-stop for 140 odd Kms before I stopped for breakfast. After stuffing in Roti & Channa Masala, continued again taking Kishangarh bypass road towards Chittaurgarh. Stopped at a petrol station to fill my bikes appetite & that’s when yet another question was fired on me!
“Yeh kyon chahiye bhai??” fuel station worker asked pointing to my empty fuel cans.
“Woh Ladakh main petrol leke jaane ke liye chahiye tha…”
“Yeh! Ladakh kaha hain???”
“Kashmir main…”
“Aap waha tak isi main jaake aaye??”
“Ha bhai…”
“Maine suna tha waha bahut athankwadi hote hain…”
“Woh toh sabhi jagah hain! Lekin un ke liye hum goomna chode kya???”
As the road was smooth, rode another big non-stop stretch for 100+ Kms & broke off at a dabha for a nap & tea.
| Kishangarh by pass... |
| Smooth roads & hills to accompany... |
| Still a long way to go... |
| Tea break!!! |
Reloaded myself on bike & crossed Chittaurgarh & soon climate changed from hot sun rays to slight cloud formation. Boy! Am I going to face rain?? As I moved ahead, it got cloudier & soon could see some wet parts of the road. In no time, it started to drizzle & without second thought, stopped to cover my luggage & get into rain gear. The decision was worth it as it started to rain heavily soon when Udaipur was just 70 odd Kms. But riding in rain was quite fun except the heavy winds to tackle.
| Vista around |
| Green fields |
Nearing Udaipur, my bike started to get off frequently but was starting off too without much trouble. Reached Udaipur in rain & got into Hotel Pavitra Inn for 350 bux. As it was raining, couldn’t get out & started my work on blogs. There was some water pipeline issue in my room & guys were busy working on it. Meanwhile, lodge manager got keen on my journey & I showed him my blog on his request. For dinner, went to Hotel Nataraj & concluded that it’s Gujarathi Thali today looking at the size of plate. Meanwhile called up Bipin in Mumbai to inform him about me visiting his place & told my plans of visiting few places in Mumbai.
“Nangu hogbeku allige! Company yaaru illa maaraya! Baa hoguva.. (Even I want to go there! But I don’t have any company to go with! Come let’s go…)”
After a heavy dinner, came back to room & manager said,
“Aap ka room hum shift kardenge! Iss main thoda paani ka kaam chal raha hain…”
Got into another big room, worked on blogs for a while & crashed with the hope of leaving early at least tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment