‘Man! Its just local sightseeing & Kolhapur today…’ Hence got cosy in bed for some more time before I got out towards Kass.
“Bhaiyya Kass???”
“Yaha se left maaro! Aur seedha jao.. Yeh raasta mat chodna..” was the locals guidance & I was soon on road towards Kass.
The route was absolutely charming with pleasant climate, smooth country side roads & mind blowing greens. Boy o boy! How to explain in words the wonder of these greens. All the hills were completely covered by green lawns. With couple of photo breaks, continued slowly witnessing the natural beauty. With slight difficulty, I could read the name Kass with up arrow but number of Kms written in Hindi was something I couldn’t understandL. But who would care for distance when every meter you travel is bliss?
![]() |
| Riding towards Kass! |
![]() |
| Some Dam spotted... |
![]() |
| Green hills on the way |
In no time, I was on top of a hill road & gosh! Heavy breeze was very troublesome to negotiate with. At few instances, I had to halt my bike else I would have lost the control. Wind power is too much. Riding slowly at first gear, I moved on again to find myself in thick mist ahead. It was hardly 3-4 Kms more & man! I just can’t control my machine. Breeze is taking toll over my ride. Moreover, the mist was so much that I couldn’t even see things at 20 mtrs distanceL. In no time, I made my mind to head back as there was no point in going ahead since my intension was to get some good photos of flowers but this mist just screwed it upL.
![]() |
| How to ride here??? |
![]() |
| Beauty of nature!!! |
![]() |
| Satara city arial view!!! |
Again with slow careful ride in heavy breeze, reached a junction & took right towards Sajjangad Fort. Since I was down the hill now, climate was clear & pleasant to ride on. Vista was mind blowing passing through small villages. While I was enjoying my ride, two small school kids waved me to stop. Though I didn’t stop initially, thought they might be getting late to school & stopped it. They came close & said something in Marathi from which I only understood that they need drop till school.
“Chalo! Aa jao…” I said thinking I am doing a social service.
Although kids had tough time getting on my pillion due to metal boxes, they were excited to the core & we were 3 on bike in no timeJ.
“School ke liye der hua kya??” I asked & response came in Marathi which didn’t enter my head even a little.
“School kitne baje shuru hota hai??” I fired again hoping to understand something at least.
“Bhara bhaje..” What the heck?? It’s just 10:00 AM still I said to myself.
“Toh itna jaldi jaake kya karoge???” i questioned but falied again to understand their Marathi response.
Only after dropping them to school I realized their urgency. All the kids are completely occupaid in play ground. ‘Shit! Gone are my daysL’ I thought & moved ahead.
![]() |
| Climb to Sajjangad |
![]() |
| Green everywhere... |
Parked my bike & climed the steps to fort. This fort contains numerous temples & nothing special apart from it. After visiting few temples & clicking some of them, got back to Satara for breakst. Took a small break in room relaxing & it was 12:30 NOON when I checked out asking the direction to Wai.
![]() |
| Temples inside Sajjangad |
![]() |
| Siddi Vinayak!!! |
![]() |
| Some Swamiji's temple |
As Wai was in Pune route, got into GQ after a long time & it took just 45 mins to reach Wai.
“Bhaiyya, yaha pe ek Mandir hain na jaha pe film ka shooting hua tha???” I asked a local guy.
“Ganpathi Mandir???” Man how would I know in which temple Swadesh was shot???
“Patha nahi kaun sa Mandir hai! Lekin Mandir ke paas se ek nadi jatha hai…” I said giving him little explanation of what I knew.
“Ha! Woh toh Ganpathi Mandir hai!! Seedha jao..”
Parked my bike in paid parking place requesting parking guy to take care of my luggage. Though the temple premises looked very different in movie, I think it was the same place. It looked very different now might be due to villager’s daily activity. After my share of clicks, got inside Ganpathi Temple though I am not a devotional person. But just wanted to check out how it is from inside. Since my camera was hanging in neck, Pandit got suspicious thinking I might click some photos inside too & was closely observing me movements.
![]() |
| Wai nearby |
![]() |
| Yeh jo Des hain mera... |
![]() |
| Shiva linga |
After exploring few more temples, was back on wheels & this time directly to Kolhapur. Ride was very smooth as it was GQ but was slightly disturbed by rain for a short time. With a tea break in between, entered Kolhapur by 5:00 PM & while looking for a lodge, saw Royal Enfield showroom & got in there thinking I would get chain lubricated, right indicator fixed as it was not working & fix the issues caused by yesterday’s fall.
![]() |
| Gosh! At last, Bangalore spotted!!! |
![]() |
| Rain ahead... |
![]() |
| Looks flooded |
After me explaining the things to be done in brief & also about my tour in brief, called up my cousin to inform him where I am. As the workers were busy, I had to wait for a while but it didn’t take much time to get things fixed & also my cousin came to the showroom to meet me with his friend.
“Aap Ladakh jaa kea aye?? Akele?? Great… All the best ahead” was manager’s response as I bid them bye.
While moving ahead in city, checked for room avalibility in Partha Hotel & Chalukya Hotel but their response was same.
“Aaj khali nahi hain..”
At last got into Hotel Anugraha & after getting fresh & showing few photos to cousin, we both headed to Misal Pav since I was damn hungry & was living with only one Dosa since morning. Misal Pav alone didn’t surve my hunger & topped it again with Sev Puri. Got back to room & had chit chat with cousin about his collage & family stuff. For dinner, walked to Domino’s & grabbed Veg Extraveganza & coke. Post dinner, dropped him to by pass from where he got bus to home & I came back to lodge & crashed with heavy appetite. Boy o boy! Tomorrow back to my state… Hurray….

















No comments:
Post a Comment