Saturday, July 30, 2011

Day-50 | 23-July-2011 | Gokak-Yellapur | 256.5 Kms | 10521.7 Kms

It’s just 200 odd Kms for today & why should I hurry it up??? Was enjoying inside the blanket in spite of alarm warning me to get out. Got fresh & went to Yogi Kola about which Shrishail had told me yesterday. Riding in narrow village roads with hills & fields on either side was awesome to start the day with.
“Sir Yogi Kola???” I asked a local on bike.
“Hinge straight hogri… Yen maadbekri alli??? (Go straight… What have you got to do there??)”
“Sumne swalpa photo tegeyoke… (Just to take some snaps…)”
Reached Yogi Kola & found that I have got to climb around 300 odd steps for temple. Damn! I just can’t do that empty stomach. & moreover, I am not too devotional kinda guy as well. Rode back to Gokak grabbing heavy breakfast.
River beside road to Yogi Kola...

Temple at Yogi Kola...
Loaded my bike which made all surrounding locals wonder about which alien is this?
“Long journey hortri yen??? (Going on a long journey???)” A curious man asked while I was tying my luggage.
“Haudri.. (Yes…)”
“Bidre yella yenu agalla??? (Will nothing happen if you fall???)”
“Adakke alla idella haakiddu… (That’s why I have worn these..)” I said pointing to my Knee Pads.
Bid bye to Gokak taking the Yargatti route as mentioned by Shrishail. Riding in 2-Lane smooth state highway with greenish landscape was kinda fun but spoil sport being rain. Although it wasn’t raining heavily, it was kinda troublesome making me wear my rain gear & ride slow wetting the roads. Crossed Yargatti & continued to Sundatti. Soon after crossing Sundatti, saw a board ‘Malaprabha Dam’ & enquired with local,
“Dam hog bahuda??? (Can we visit the dam???)”
“Hog bahudri.. (Yes you can..)”
Took a de tour for around a Km & parked my bike with luggage & helmet on bike. Walking with leather jacket & rain gear was very nauseating but couldn’t help it. With few clicks of Dam, was back on road towards Dharwad.
Wind mills in full swing!

Malaprabha Dam back waters

Malaprabha Dam!!!

Oh yeah! It was me...
Though the road wasn’t super smooth with few pot holes in between, for 2 wheelers, it was more than enough. But what the heck! Heavy wind flowing from plain fields beside the road made my speed cut down to great extent. As said before, the rain was irritating as well with slight drizzle. Riding super slow dealing with wind & rain made it to Dharwad & enquired the route to Hubli by pass. Was glad to see NH & rode in super speed till I got diversion to Yellapur.
NH-63 offered me great roads & vista togetherJ. In addition to that, climate was cloudy but no rain & even roads were dry. All in all, it was just perfect to enjoy the ride.
Who won't love this??? (Road to Yellapur)
Gave my first break at a village tea stall & grabbed few Chikki’s & tea.
“Munde male idiya?? (Is it raining ahead???)” I started a conversation so that I could break their gaze at my strange look.
“Ivagella astu male illa. Bandru bega nillatte… Yeradu dina munche tumba male ittu.. (Now it’s not raining so much. Even if it comes, it will stop soon… Two days back it was raining very heavily..)”
“Yellapur nalli lodge siguttalva??? (Lodges are available in Yellapur right???)”
“Sigutte! Yellapur entry mad bekadre ne, Hotel Sambhram anta ide! Chennagide adu… (Yes! While entering Yellapur, you will get Hotel Sambhram! It’s nice…)”
Yellapur nearby

Dense forests I ride on
After briefing my tour to Nth time, continued ahead & next stop was at some Dabha in Dandeli diversion when Yellapur was just 5 Kms. Trust me, road & vista was just mind blowing to ride on. Post lunch, entered Yellapur & enquired room in Hotel Sambhram. Got non-TV room for 200 bux & soon after unloading my luggage enquired the route to Sathod & Magod falls.
“Sathod eega late agtade! Rode bere olle illa.. (Sathod will be late now! Even road is not good…)”
“At least Magod eega hogi bar bahuda??? (At least can I visit Magod now???)”
“Ha! Magod eega hogi bar bahudu.. Nimma gaadi untalla??? Rode kuda olle untu.. Sathod naale beligge hogi..(Yes! Magod could be done now.. You have vehicle right??? Even road is good there…) For Sathod, go tomorrow morning…”
Went to Magod falls riding between dense forests with very tiny villages in between. Soon it started to rain heavily but as I was completely on my rain gear, thought to move ahead without wasting time.
Rain troubling me
To my luck rain didn’t follow me for long time & I made it Magod falls in around 40 mins. Took entry ticket & walked for a while in super slippery concrete path. Boy o boy! What a magnificent it is! Magod was flowing with full glory & water was kinda scary as well. So powerful it was. After clicking everything, came back to parking & rode straight to Yellapur.
Second part of Magod Falls

First part of Magod Falls

Magod Falls & Kali river...
With all the sightseeing for day being done, got into movie watching program writing blogs side by side. Meanwhile, also enquired about the road conditions to Sathog Falls with lodge manager & he said,
“Tumba dangerous ide! Ondu kade mud road matte tumba steep ide. Hodre mele barlikke prana hogtade.. Road tumba skid agtade.. (It’s very dangerous now! At one point, road is full muddy & complete steep. If you go, it’s very tough to climb back… Road is very skiddy..)” Man! Sathod ruled out I made it clear to myself.
Also called up Srini to get information about any other places to visit on the way but it went in vein since I had already visited few of them & for rest, I had to walk for more than 1-2 Kms which is not possible with all the riding gear on me leaving luggage in bikeL. It was around 9:15 PM when I stepped out for dinner & the restaurant was closed by then. What the heck? So early??? After enquiring, went to Hotel Krishna Restaurant & guess what?? Even their shutter was half closed.
“Oota unta??? (Dinner is there???)”
“Yestu jana?? (How many people??)”
“Obre.. (One man…)”
He enquired about the food availability & at last got something to eat. Came back to lodge & slept tight with getting late tomorrowJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment