Telephone in my room rang before my mobile waking me up. Damn! Which idiot so early??? It was just 6:10 AM & I picked the call completely disturbed.
“Room main garam paani nahi aa raha hain…” Soon I realized this stupid brainless has dialed wrong number.
“Arre bhai! Agar garam paani nahi aa raha hain toh hume kyon phone karte ho yaar itni subah??? Hum bhi tourist hain…” I wanted to continue getting rude but that idiot used his brain & hanged the phone.
Although it was difficult to get cosy again, somehow slept till 7:30 AM. Boy! Everyday I used to be on road by this time but today I am still in bedJ. After getting the routine work done at my own pace, I was on road by 10:15. Filled the tank till neck & guess what??? I was back in my state. Wow!!! Afte 49 long days, I am back. Was feeling very happy to be back & rode with full excitement without any break.
 |
| Back to Karnataka!!! |
Shrishail had told me the road to Gokak from Sankeshwar is good & hence took that route. Gokak road turned out to be smooth 2-Lane one with good number of speed breakers at every passing village.
 |
| Gokak close by... |
Reached Gokak & got into falls road in search of lodges.
“Sir! Aaj koi bhi room khaali nahi hain..” was the response from reception at Hotel Gokak Resort.
I requested him to try getting one single room at least but he couldn’t help me much in that matter too.
“Aap apna phone number deejiye! Agar koi room khaali ho jayega toh main aapko phone karunga… Kareeb do-theen bhaje kaali hone ka chance hain…”
“Arre! Tab tak main kya karoon??” I said since the time was just 1:00 PM.
Called up Shrishail for help & he told me to enquire in Hotel Poornima opposite to bus stand. Great! I got a stay arranged today for 300 bux without TV but who cares for TV for one day?? Got fresh & relaxed for some time before I got ready to get out. Had dinner in lodge restaurant itself & am off to Gokak Falls. After 5-6 Kms of twisty road, I could see glorious falls at a distance. Parked my machine leaving everyone to stare at it & walked down towards falls. Boy! This is magnificient. What a falls! It was very beautiful & thanks to rain because of which I could see more water at falls. Wasting no time, got my camera out & started to click whatever I could see around.
 |
| Landscape on the way!!! |
 |
| Majestic Gokak falls!!! |
 |
| River flowing after falls... |
 |
| Gokak mills??? |
 |
| Can you see that??? |
 |
| Walk bridge... |
“Ond dodd photo hodkodtiren ri??? (Can you take one big photo???)” A tourist lady from family asked.
Boy o boy! Have I become photographer again???
“Ill ri! Idu nam swantha camera! Naavu tourist ri… (No! It’s my personal camera! Even I am a tourist…)”
“Sorry kanri! Naavu photographer ankond bitwi… (Sorry! We thought you are a photographer…)”
Like other tourists, I too got very close to falls & got some clicks. After seeing Indore water fall accident, I was not very keen in getting very close & got back to safer place in no time. But what the heck! Few people were standing in cutting edge of stones. A slight misjudgement in their footsteps & they are gone forever. Added to that was some families who had settled right beside water stream. I donno what joy they get by risking their life so much.
 |
| Falls close by |
 |
| Look where people are standing... |
 |
| Another view |
Without thinking much on that aspect, got back to walk on suspension bridge. It was amazing seeing water flow at very high current right below youJ. After enjoying that experience, got back on my machine & next destination was Godchinamakki Falls. Enquired route to locals & reached the place riding between fields & villages. Man o man! What a rural vista at display. Was thinking to put a mat & take good nap. Landscape en route was simply mind blowing.
 |
| Here I walk on bridge |
 |
| Falls as seen from bridge |
 |
| Gushing water... |
 |
| Gokak falls distant view |
 |
| Charming village roads |
 |
| Agriculture everywhere |
After paying the parking fee, walked for around 500 mtrs & am at falls again. Although this was not a famous falls, it didn’t disappoint the tourist crowd. It had its own beauty for visitors. Sat beside the falls after photo shoot to relax & enjoy the atmosphere. Gushing sound of falls was quite refreshing to me. Rode back to Gokak via same beautiful villages & landscapes.
 |
| Before Godchinamalki falls |
 |
| Godchinamalki falls!!! |
 |
| Another view |
As I had plenty of time, thought would get my blog move fast but what luck! Netbook had virus attack & none of the browsers are workingLLL. Everything else works fine except browsers. Concluded that next blog update would be at home & crashed post dinner at Janatha Restaurant.
No comments:
Post a Comment