Friday, July 29, 2011

Day-46 | 19-July-2011 | Alibag-Shrivardhan | 160.3 Kms | 9580.9 Kms

“Murud ke liye kaise jaana hai??” I asked lodge manager while loading my bike.

As per his directions, rode ahead & after few more enquiries, I was on the road which leads to Murud. Although climate didn’t look friendly, I had kept my camera bag outside on my shoulder inside rain jacket with extra plastic cover. Unlike yesterday, I didn’t want to miss out any beautiful landscape on the wayJ. Riding in wet super narrow traffic less roads with greens on either side was very charming & added to that, it wasn’t raining as well. At some villages, I had to cross pretty lengthy water crossing & it was kinda fun doing that. 
Who says water crossings are only in Mountains???
Weather was playing hide & seek with thick clouds but luckily it wasn’t raining any moment. After some distance, I could see beach adjacent to the road & man! So amazing it is to ride here. Added to that was road quality which was smooth enough offering more fun to my ride.
Road beside Beach!

Loved it!!!

Posing with rain gear on me...
Enjoying the vista around to the core, reached Kashid beach & that’s when it started to rain. Hoping for it to stop soon, got into a shed & as per my hope, it did stop soon.
“Bhaiyya, Kashid beach yahi hai na???” I asked a local passer by just to confirm.
“Ha…”
Kashid Beach
After clicks of the beach, got back on wheels continuing the cherishing ride to Murud. Konkan was forcing me to stop every now & then for photo breaks. While nearing Murud got to see a fort in water & thought that might be Janjira fort. But the tide was quite high & I didn’t find anyone in beach too. Reached Murud by 10:15 AM & hunt began for breakfast. After looking for a while, got into a Hotel & the middle aged lady started to look as though I have planted bombs in Mumbai & came here running. I didn’t know how to respond to her stare & said,
“Yeh sub bearish ke wajah se pehen na padta hain!!!” & that’s when she gave a smile.
Before I could settle down, one of the servent asked,
“Uss main kya hain??” pointing to my luggage.
“Mera luggage hain…” Boy! By any chance do they think I am a terrorist???
“Khane main kya hain??”
“Misal Pav milega…”
While grabbing Misal Pav, enquired the route to Shrivardhan by road as I wasn’t keen on taking my bike in ferry.
Who won't enjoy riding here???

Fort spotted on the way to Murud
Post breakfast, continued my Konkan expedition riding on the same narrow roads with combination of Green, Brown & Black colours. Man! Why Konkan is so beautiful that I am being forced to stop frequently for photos???
After enquiring with locals for every few Kms, corssed the bridge which is the main road connectivity between Murud & Shrivardhan side. With pleasant climate & no rain, I was enjoying my ride to the core with serene beauty in every direction.
“Bhaiyya, Shrivardhan??” I enquired at a check post.
With good amount of photos, made it to Shrivardhan & settled in Ratiraj lodge. The time machine showed the time as just 1:30 PM & wow! I can take good rest before heading outJ. Informed family on safe arrival & took nice rest watching a movie in my netbook as Reliance falied to connect hereL.
Flooded???

Some protected monuments on the way...

Janjira Fort???

What a beauty!!!

Lush Greens

Shrivardhan, here I come...
It was 3:45 PM when I made my mind to visit Harihareshwar & was out of Shrivardhan in no time.
“Harihareshwar ke liye seeda jaana hain na??” I asked lodge manager.
“Ha! Yahi raasta pakad na.. Waha paani main mat utarna.. Bahut danger hain… Beach main utarna mana hain waha…”
Road to Harihareshwar was nothing different compared to where I had come from today. With lot of photo breaks of surroundings, reached Harihareshwar parking my bike. While taking parking ticket,
“Kaha ki hain yeh gaadi??”
“Bangalore…”
“Waha se chala ke leke aaye???”
“Ha…” & they twisted their eyes to the full.
Lucky I didn’t tell them I have been riding from KashmirJ.
Hara bhara road to Harihareshwar...

Monsoon falls spotted!

Nearing Harihareshwar!!!

Walk way to Temple

Getting inside
As soon as I entered the temple, was more attrached by beach than temple & went to beach to get some snaps. As I walked for a while & got close to beach near rocks, Man o man! What a powerful tide. Am sure it would just take anyone away & break into infinite pieces. Was damn scared seeing its power at a distanceL. At the right moment, it started to rain & was directly back to temple. Post temple visit, again went to beach side to get some snaps as earlier, rain had disturbed me. But even this time, was little scared looking super powerful waves hitting rocks like anyting & came back to Harihareshwar beach resort for food
“Khane main kya hain??”
“Misal Pav milega…” Boy! Is there anything apart from Misal Pav???
With no other option, had it again & while paying the bill,
“Tum Kaha ke ho??” lady asked curiously!
“Bangalore…”
“Bangalore main kaha??”
“Banashankari…”
“Mera beta bhi padta hain waha! Business Management…”
“Tum akele aaye ho??”
“Ha…”
“Bike pe???”
“Ha…”
“Oh my god! Samal ke jaana beta…”
“Sure aunty…”
Deadly tides...

Dare you get closer...
As I was getting back on my bike, it started to rain heavily & guess what?? I had no rain gear & helmet to cover myself. With my camera going inside metal box, rode getting wet & it was kinda fun tooJ. Reached Shrivardhan by 6:15 PM completely wet & got back on blog updates. By night, went out for dinner in search of veg food & boy o boy! What a delicious dinner I ended up with. After a long long time, I had a nice home cooked foodJ. Came back & closed my day thinking that, tomorrow I have got to bid bye to Konkan.

No comments:

Post a Comment