Alarm was sincere in ringing the bell but I wasn’t in getting up once again.
“Aur sir! Thayyar??” lodge manager on duty asked while loading my machine.
Settling the bill, I asked him,
“Jaipur ka raasta kaun sa hain???”
He got up & went out to spit the huge quantity of paan he had stuffed in his mouth.
“Yeh Hanuman murti ka chaurai se seeda jaana. Aage ek aur chaurai milega. Waha poochna…”
As mentioned by him, I took the route & soon I was on Gurgaon express way by 7:30 AM. Good roads helped me cover good distance but heavy traffic acted as speed breakers. So traffic oriented Delhi-Gurgaon road is.
| Traffic at it's peak!!! |
Gave my first break at McD for breakfast. The place & road were quite familiar as I had done this route around 2.5 yrs back on the same machine. While parking my bike, saw another biking couple relaxing under the shade.
| My breakfast :) |
After having breakfast which didn’t fill my stomach, moved ahead on NH-8 which offered me traffic & diversions at regular intervals. But diversions were not painful as they were smooth enough to maintain the regular speed.
While standing at some village for the police signal, 4 young topless guys from Maruti 800 popped out their faces and,
“Aur bhai! Kaha ja rahe ho??”
“Bangalore…”
“Isi main??”
“Ha…”
“Kaha se aa rahe ho??”
“Ladakh…”
After a bit of silence,
“Garmi bahut hain na??” I spoke as they were all topless.
“Ha bhai!!!” was the response in unisonJ.
Continued ahead riding on smooth 4-Lane road & stopped at some dabha when Jaipur was another 65 odd Kms. Had tea & took a small nap for around 15 mins.
| Am on Rajasthan... |
| Tea & Nap break!!! |
| Jaipur nearing by... |
After getting up, completed my last leg of the day & entered Jaipur which welcomed me with huge fort walls on either side of the hills. During my last visit, I had stayed at a hotel opposite to Jal Mahal but this time, that building itself was demolished nowL. After hunting for a while, got into SK Hotel for 400 bux. Lodge manager wasn’t silent enough & same set of questions followed.
“Bhaiyya, yaha achha veg khana kaha milta hain??” my appetite told me to ask him.
“Yahi lal bhatti ke paas Khandelwala hain!!!”
Got into room, informed parents about my safe arrival & got fresh. Post lunch at Khandelwala, got busy working on blogs as I had not updated since few days.
| Amber Fort as seen from road |
| That's Raigad I guess! |
It was around 4:40 PM when I was out with my camera towards Hawa Mahal. But as when I entered, came to know that it’s closedL. Board beside read ‘9:00 AM to 4:30 PM’. Since I had already seen it during my last visit, didn’t bother much & directly towards Nahargarh Fort.
Riding few Kms in twist was kinda fun & last few Kms were of very good roads compared to that of Leh standardsJ. After paying the parking fee, went directly to RDB spot to get some shots. But found more couples on corners enjoying themselves. After my set of snaps, came up to visit the palace but even that was closed. Hell I said & rode back to Jaipur.
| Hawa Mahal!!! |
| Road to Nahargarh |
| Mohe yaara thu Rang De Basanti!!! |
| Jaipur is damn huge... |
Picked up my laptop from room & straight away to Coffee Day! Worked on blogs sipping Cool Blue drink for around an hour & that’s where I got the Live news from Aaj Tak! Serial blasts hit Mumbai againL. Donno what these terror bastards want to prove! After spending an hour in CCD, while coming out, had a casual conversation with supervisor about my trip. Came out to Jal Mahal & spoke to buddies over the phone for a while clicking Jal Mahal lit in lights.
| Working hard at CCD... |
| Beautiful Jal Mahal!!! |
While getting on my bike, realised that I have left my helmet in CCD & when I went to pick it up, supervisor told in style,
“Kum se kum lambe safar ke liye toh ek badiya helmet le the aap!!!” Gosh! That was too much on me…
Went to Amber Fort to get some night shots & when I was just about to get my camera out, they switched off the lights. Damn! Couldn’t they wait for at least one more min?? As it was already 9:30 PM, got back to Khandelwala, had 3 Roti’s along with Mutter Paneer & Lassi, came back to room, wrote log till I felt sleepy & crashed. Man! Tomorrow again a long ride…
No comments:
Post a Comment